Study Program Title:
Introduction to Usool-ud-Deen (The Foundations of the Islamic Religion).
Study Program Description:
Usool-ud-Deen is the study of the foundations of the Islamic religion, which derive from the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ). It is the study or science which addresses those matters upon which the entire Islamic religion is founded or built. Usool-ud-Deen covers matters related to the aqeedah (creed), which reside in the hearts.
The online study program does not require real-time lecture/class attendance. It is ideal for those with busy schedules, who are unable to participate in a full-time program.
One of the most important features of this program is the students’ easy access to the instructor (Sheikh Suleiman Anwar), who is readily available to answer questions and resolve problems.
The study program consists of a series of separate study assignments of selected texts related to Usool-ud-Deen (written by classical scholars of Ahl-us-Sunnah-wal-Jama’ah), which the student must complete within a specified period of time.
The program’s study material includes the works of scholars such as Imam Muhammad Ibn Abdul-Wahhab, Imam Ibn Al-Jawzi, Imam Ibn Rajab Al-Hambali, Imam An-Nawawi, Imam Ibnu Taymiyyah and other scholars of Ahl-us-Sunnah-wal-Jama’ah.
The study program also includes listening to recorded lectures by the instructor.
The study assignments and recorded lectures will be made available through a study group channel on Telegram.com, where the student can also interact frequently with the instructor.
Students must undergo exams related to the study assignments and the recorded lectures.
A certificate of completion is provided to the students who successfully complete all the required study assignments and exams related to the study program.
Study Program Objectives:
- To provide the student with sound/authentic knowledge of Usool-ud-Deen (the fundamentals of the Islamic religion).
- To dispel any innovations in the system of belief (aqeedah).
- To provide the student with sufficient knowledge to pursue further studies in matters of belief (aqeedah).
- To provide the student with sufficient knowledge to effectively invite mankind to the religion of Islam.
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to write in English at an intermediate level or better.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions and focus on study assignments/tasks.
- Reliable internet access and access to Telegram.com and Skype.
Study Program Sessions:
The new study program session will begin on July 31, 2019 and end December 30, 2019. Prospective students can apply for admission into the new study program session between May 31, 2019 and July 15, 2019.
To ensure commitment to the study program on the part of the student, he/she will be charged a one-time fee of only $65.00 (US) for the entire five-month study program. This payment is refundable if the student withdraws from the study program before the end of two weeks from the date of enrollment.
Based in the United States, Sheikh Suleiman Anwar is the teacher and director of this study program. His qualifications include more than 30 years’ experience as an imam, teacher and lecturer at numerous masajid (mosques) in the US, Canada and the UK. His academic qualifications include the equivalent of a bachelor degree from Al-Azhar University (Egypt) in Usool-ud-Deen and a master’s degree from Sanaa University (Yemen) in Shari’ah. Other than the Quran and hundreds of ahadith, some of the religious texts Suleiman Anwar has memorized are the following:
- The 40 hadith of imam An-Nawawi.
- Matn-ul-Ghayati-wat-Taqreeb (a book of Shafi’ee fiqh).
- Matn-ul-waraqat fi usool-ul-fiqh by Imam Al-Juwainy.
- Ath-Thalathat-ul-Usool by Imam Muhammad Ibn “Abdul-Wahhab.
- Matn-ur-Risalah by Imam Ibnu Abi Zayd Al-Qayrawany.
- Mukhtassar Al-Akhdariy (a book of Maliki Fiqh)
- Matn-ul-‘Aqeedah At-Tahawiyyah By Imam Abu Ja’afar At-Tahawiy.
- Matn-ul-Ajurroomiyiah by Ibn Ajurroom.
If you wish to be considered for admission or if you have any questions regarding the online study program, please contact us at email@example.com.