Study Program Title:
Introduction to Usool-ud-Deen (The Fundamentals of the Islamic Religion).
Study Program Description:
Usool-ud-Deen is the Islamic science which addresses the fundamentals of the belief system of the Islamic religion, derived from the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ). Usool-ud-Deen is the most essential and most important aspect of Islamic knowledge.
The study program is conducted online on a distance-learning basis, and does not require lecture/class attendance. However, the instructor is easily and frequently accessible to the students.
The program consists of a series of separate study assignments of selected texts related to Usool-ud-Deen, over a period of six months.
For students who can read the Arabic language (at an intermediate level or better), the study program also includes memorization of selected texts (in Arabic) related to Usool-ud-Deen.
The study program also includes listening to recorded lectures by the instructor.
The study assignments and recorded lectures will be made available through a study group channel on Telegram.com, where the student can also interact frequently with the instructor.
Students must undergo exams related to the study assignments and the recorded lectures.
A certificate of completion is provided to the students who successfully complete all the required study assignments and exams related to the study program.
Study Program Objectives:
- To provide the student with sound/authentic knowledge of Usool-ud-Deen (the fundamentals of the Islamic religion).
- To provide the student with sufficient knowledge to pursue further studies with minimal supervision.
- To provide the student with sufficient knowledge to effectively invite mankind to the religion of Islam.
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to write in English at an intermediate level or better.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions and focus on study assignments/tasks.
- Reliable internet access and access to Telegram.com and Skype.
Study Program Sessions:
The current study program session began on December 17, 2018 and will end on June 30, 2019. Application for admission into the current study program session is now closed.
The next study program session will begin on July 15, 2019 and end January 30, 2020. Prospective students can apply for admission into the next study program session between May 15, 2019 and July 1, 2019.
To ensure commitment to the study program on the part of the student, he/she will be charged a one-time fee of only $100 (US) for the entire six-month study program. This payment is refundable if the student withdraws from the study program before the end of two weeks from the date of enrollment.
Based in the United States, Sheikh Suleiman Anwar is the teacher and director of this study program. His qualifications include more than 30 years’ experience as an imam, teacher and lecturer at numerous masajid (mosques) in the US, Canada and the UK. His academic qualifications include the equivalent of a bachelor degree from Al-Azhar University (Egypt) in Usool-ud-Deen and a master’s degree from Sanaa University (Yemen) in Shari’ah. Other than the Quran and hundreds of ahadith, some of the religious texts Suleiman Anwar has memorized are the following:
- The 40 hadith of imam An-Nawawi.
- Matn-ul-Ghayati-wat-Taqreeb (a book of Shafi’ee fiqh).
- Matn-ul-waraqat fi usool-ul-fiqh by Imam Al-Juwainy.
- Ath-Thalathat-ul-Usool by Imam Muhammad Ibn “Abdul-Wahhab.
- Matn-ur-Risalah by Imam Ibnu Abi Zayd Al-Qayrawany.
- Mukhtassar Al-Akhdariy (a book of Maliki Fiqh)
- Matn-ul-‘Aqeedah At-Tahawiyyah By Imam Abu Ja’afar At-Tahawiy.
- Matn-ul-Ajurroomiyiah by Ibn Ajurroom.
For admission or questions regarding the study program, please contact us at email@example.com.